print drive inactive

jjdoubleburn

Does anyone out there know how to reactivate a print drive? Here's what happened....we unplugged the system, moved it, now print drive is deactiviated. A right click to start/resume is mysteriously greyed out. Here's our setup:

We have an apogeeX host computer which sends the "thumbs up" file to the print drive computer. "PrintDrive@apogeeX" is the device in the Print Drive Device list that's not activated. I cannot start it with the "start/resume" option (with a right click) because it's grayed out. Both computers are on a working network...both computers can ping the other.
NOTE: Our Palladio plate maker is not hooked up but that should not make the print drive devices inaccessible. (The start/resume IS an option on the missing palladio device...)

Any ideas?

Hi JJ,

I recall this issue but it wasn't with he ApogeeX connection, it was with a SherpaMatic (I think the device showed a red circle with an 'X' inside it). If memory serves, a restart of the SherpaMatic and one of the PrintDrive services was necessary (it my case it was OutputControl2). In your case, I would restart all PD services.

Does this help?

Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

P.S. Just out of curiosity, did you confirm the dongle was connected and that the server could "see" it?

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, we checked the dongle and it is operating fine. Do you think if we delete the Palladio print drive device from the list, we would then be able to start the "Printdrive@Apogeex" device?

(There are other proofing devices set up and those are working because the proofer is hooked up and running.)

Thank you,
Janet

Hi Jon - if you're out there....
I'm back....turns out that deleting the Palladio from the Print Drive device list made no difference.

Print Drive Pilot launches on the print drive server computer. The Apogeex computer can see the print drive but cannot connect to the print drive. It tells us something like: "you may be running two versions or there is a network problem". We checked the network and it is fine. (both computers can be seen on the network and can ping each other)

Our theory - Once these two computers connect, :confused:the print drive device (which uses a host location on the network) should be available to enable (right now it's greyed out in the list).

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back