Print envelopes on Xerox Color Press 1000

We've played with this kind of thing (not on a 1000i, different machines) and I came to a few conclusions. (1) if you want envelope overprinting, buy a dedicated machine designed for it, they are not expensive and envelope overprinting it not a good fit for an expensive colour digital press (2) if you have your own die cutting machinery (which we do), you can print & die cut most common size envelopes. The issue is the glueing. This is really easy to do by hand, but time consuming. So 100 is doable, but 1,000 is probably not (better subbed out). In the end I couldn't see a big enough market for this to add it as a product for our company.

We've played with this kind of thing (not on a 1000i, different machines) and I came to a few conclusions. (1) if you want envelope overprinting, buy a dedicated machine designed for it, they are not expensive and envelope overprinting it not a good fit for an expensive colour digital press (2) if you have your own die cutting machinery (which we do), you can print & die cut most common size envelopes. The issue is the glueing. This is really easy to do by hand, but time consuming. So 100 is doable, but 1,000 is probably not (better subbed out). In the end I couldn't see a big enough market for this to add it as a product for our company.

We do not do a lot of full colour envelopes, but every now and then we get an order and will print it on our Versant 2100. Runs like a dream, even with window envelopes (very slight crinkling on the window) Now again, have not run a bunch of envelopes, most we do are 1 or 2 colour envelopes and those go to press. Probably printed around 25,000 envelopes in total on the Versant and never a hiccup, no jams, just prints. These are standard #10 envelopes, plain and window, not specific digital envelopes.

We do not do a lot of full colour envelopes, but every now and then we get an order and will print it on our Versant 2100. Runs like a dream, even with window envelopes (very slight crinkling on the window) Now again, have not run a bunch of envelopes, most we do are 1 or 2 colour envelopes and those go to press. Probably printed around 25,000 envelopes in total on the Versant and never a hiccup, no jams, just prints. These are standard #10 envelopes, plain and window, not specific digital envelopes.

We have stopped using our Xante after purchasing our v2100. I'm so glad to never have to deal with Xante again.

We have stopped using our Xante after purchasing our v2100. I'm so glad to never have to deal with Xante again.

We almost bought a Xante Lumina? as our first digital machine, this was when it was new, glad we did not as we heard nothing but bad things. Maybe it is better now not sure. The Versant 2100 is a fantastic machine for sure, just wish it could print envelopes to the stacker rather then the top. I load up both high cap trays with envelopes and let it go, prints effortlessly!

We've been able to print most envelopes effortlessly on our Versant 2100. Only problem we have is with #9 Business Reply envelopes. They seem to jam a lot. Don't know if we're doing something wrong, or, it's just the envelope dimensions. Everything else runs like a dream (#10's, 6 x 9's, A-7's, 9 x 12,s, 10 x 13's. It's just those dang #9's. Anyone else having problems with the # 9's?

-MailGuru

Play around with the Decurling settings. Also, have you tried inserting a rectangular piece of 80# cover into the envelope? Thats what we do on our 700i to avoid any issues with the sensors inside the machine.

How do I get the image straight on, say, #10 regulars? I've tried feeding them different directions, tried the skew, Pre-gate roll adjustment, Aligner roller pressure. All that did is make them more consistent, but still off by 3/16 from edge to edge.

How do I get the image straight on, say, #10 regulars? I've tried feeding them different directions, tried the skew, Pre-gate roll adjustment, Aligner roller pressure. All that did is make them more consistent, but still off by 3/16 from edge to edge.

Are you using the envelope feeder/alignment tool in the high-cap trays?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back