Printer for Businiess Cards?

Hi! All

I want to venture in to printing business cards. Have the software for it, now looking for the hardware. Can you suggest me a good affordable press which can handle digital business cards ??

Thanks

Regards
Pranav

I will let some one else suggest the printer candidates (plural). But I will point out that you would be producing the cards several up on a larger than card size sheet, and you need to be thinking about a way to cut them apart on a production basis.

Al

need a 4-clr printer that can handle book stock.. maybe xerox 7750

Take a look at the Xerox 700. You can do 12X18 paper for 30 business card and keep the registration tight enough to cut out even the hardest and tightest design work. Also, a huge problem with printers is curl. This machine can adjust for curl. Even if it is the hard to straighten out paper. You can adjust the curl yourself.
Make 30 full bleed cards in seconds.
Hey, if you really want to do a lot of cards you can get the Free Flow Server, set up a business card hot folder and only do one card typeset. Then drop the job into the hotfolder and then you will have the 30 card 12X18 come out without any extra setup time.

2 things to keep an eye open for:
registration. A millimeter feels like a mile sometimes. There are digital presses that operate sub .5 millimeter. This is especially helpful if you are planning on offset printed shells and overprinting with the digital.
Toner chipping. If you will be printing bleeds make 100% certain that the toner doesn't chip. When the toner chips you not only have waste but it also tends to dirty up your blades and then you have the ongoing cleaning issue. When that happens someones gonna get cranky!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back