business card imposition

slimbh

Hi everyone,
For some time we have been looking for a way to impose different file of business card together. We need to impose 25 different file of business card on one sheet 48x33cm. But we can't find a way to. We have fiery impose instilled but we only know how to impose each business card alone.

Any one can help please.
Thanks,

Use a 25 page PDF (assuming your business cards are one sided), and use the "unique" option instead of "repeat" when you have selected "gangup" in the imposition profile.

Additionally a cool feature is "unique collate cut", which is useful for things like raffle tickets and variable data postcards etc. Not applicable in this case unless you had 500 business cards and you only needed one (or a variable amount set in the copies section in the imposition settings) of each.

Use a 25 page PDF (assuming your business cards are one sided), and use the "unique" option instead of "repeat" when you have selected "gangup" in the imposition profile.

Additionally a cool feature is "unique collate cut", which is useful for things like raffle tickets and variable data postcards etc. Not applicable in this case unless you had 500 business cards and you only needed one (or a variable amount set in the copies section in the imposition settings) of each.
Thankyou PricelineNegotitor,
But if my business card are two side ? 😁

Then you select the duplex button.
So we are talking about fiery impose. Here are the steps to do. correct me if I'm wrong :
1- make PDF file with all the business card both side (25 business two side card so 50 page)
2- select unique and gangup in imposition profile.
3- Select duplex button.

Is that wright ?

Thanks

So we are talking about fiery impose. Here are the steps to do. correct me if I'm wrong :
1- make PDF file with all the business card both side (25 business two side card so 50 page)
2- select unique and gangup in imposition profile.
3- Select duplex button.

Is that wright ?

Thanks
Yes, just make sure the PDF you are using is A1, A2, B1, B2..etc in terms of order.

I'm not skilled in Fiery. So if that's all you have for impose, then listen to the Fiery experts.
My approach would be to set the cards up at their final size or slightly bigger with bleeds, in Acrobat Pro. Then apply N-Up... I use Quite Imposing. Now you have each different card on one sheet. Print 500 sheets (for example) and cut stacks. Each stack is one person..

can i ask why?

Doesn't that make bindery a nightmare?

Or is this some kind of collated project?
That's what I was thinking! The only time ganging them up on the same sheet makes sense is for offset printing. For digital printing, you want the full sheet to be it's own card. We are a busy county inplant and we print a ton of business cards each day. Here's our workflow:

1. We setup hot folders for 1 and 2-sided cards. The hot folders can be programmed to automatically impose the sheets to match your slitter/cutter/creaser by making a pre-set in Impose. We have an AeroCut, but works the same with a Duplo or others. They can also be programmed to automatically select the paper, and begin printing. You can even make separate hot folders for your common quantities.
  2. Drag and drop the files into the appropriate hot folders and they will automatically print.
  3. Let the cards stack up in the printer output tray.
  4. Once printing is completed, we take the entire stack over to our AeroCut. If the first card was 5 press sheets, we tell it "Qty: 5" the press start.
  5. Remove the cards from the output tray and box.
  6. Send the next 5 sheets, and repeat.

Or another variation on the hot folder method that may help (using the unique collate&cut option if double sided) is to put all your business card pdfs in one folder (assuming they are 2 page pdfs - if not then name them in order that you want i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6) on your computer and then copy and paste the folder onto the hot folder and the impose will merge them together and treat as one pdf.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back