Printer that will insert 8.5x11 Preprinted Sheet into 11x17 Sheet, & fold to 8.5x11

Clifford Scott

Printer that will insert 8.5x11 Preprinted Sheet into 11x17 Sheet, & fold to 8.5x11

Hi I am looking specifically for a Reliable 1200 dpi Digital Printer that would duplex print a 11 x 17 sheet of paper, then insert a Preprinted 8.5 x 11 sheet into the center of that then fold it into an 8.5 x 11 - 6 page book, or a 4 page book with a fly sheet in the center. We currently have a Canon Image Press C7000VP Printer, that we love the quality it prints, but I don't think that it would do what I am asking. So we are looking for another printer to compliment this printer, Brands don't matter, Canon, Xerox, Minolta, or other, but click charges do; so the pricing would have to be right on the click charge. Next question would be the cycle time, as far as how many ppm would the printer do? Would be printing 9000 to 15000 per day of these, and can't do on our press do to variable data on each.

Never heard of any digital machine that can do this. You might need to look at an offline solution. I could be wrong though, certainly not an expert on digital, but we did shop around looking at the various Xerox, Canon and Ricoh products, and never saw this as a feature.

On every press i've seen, folding takes place after all the post insert trays (and printing) so I don't know where you would find such a printer

Well darn, that was what I was thinking as well; although had to give it a try. We have a solution off line, and currently have a Canon C7000VP Printer, but we were looking at purchasing a new printer, if we could find one to do the job without using the offline machine as well. Although we could've used the offline machine as a back-up to the new machine when the inserter broke down, when needed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back