Printing Help

Sanny

Hi All,

Silly questions but will appreciate help!

Need to know if PMS value for printing and Pantone process to solid coated is the same value? If not how can I find PMS value from CMYK in Illustrator and Photoshop.

Also I have an image file embedded in Illustrator (was created in CMYK format in Photoshop and then exported); but the printer wants the native link for production

Does he mean the actual images with transparent backgrounds saved in EPS format?

Thanks

The illustrator Live colour is a great way to find Pantone colours from a CMYK value.
There is a small table like icon called limit colours to library. Note colour management is at work so the CMYK space will effect the colour you get as closest.
If you want a physical swatch book the PANTONE bridge is a great investment, primarily because it helps you explain to customers "if you choose this Pantone colour you will get this deviation in CMYK"

By native link I think he means the original PSD file that was placed in illustrator. (btw EPS does not have transparency, only clipping paths)

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back