Printing membership cards? (Alternatives for Xerox DocuCard etc.)

tputkonen

I need to print membership cards, and I like the concept of Xerox DocuCard (+ DocuGlossCard, ValuPeelCard, ValuPerfCard). However they are pretty expensive.

I'm aware that Xerox has patents on this area, but are there any more affordable alternatives from other vendors?

If I have to go with Xerox products, I also appreciate hints what would be the cheapest place to buy ValuePerfCard online, shipped to Finland.

There's a lot of fancy solutions for ID badges and membership cards out there. But the way I do it, without spending a crap load of money on that specialized equipment or paper; for small quantities, I print them 1up on 120lb cover and I pouch laminate them with business card size pouches. I've only done a few orders but it seems to be working so far.

We are planning a fully automated process where the membership card would be printed when user has paid the membership fee, and comes in to our premises.

One way to achieve this would be load laser printer with any of the Xerox products, and when member inputs her credentials to the PC it would print user's name and membership number on top of preprinted card attached to A4.

Look for someone with a Tamarack machine in your area as this is how these things are produced. The print is usually done web on a reel and are then converted and sheeted. You can then overprint these through a laser printer, digital press etc.

AjR

I don't know where you are but I have had these done at Compuforms in Toronto. I don't like dealing with them much but they seem to be the only source for what I need. I have looked EVERWHERE

Let me explain a little bit more what we want to do.

First of all, this is not a commercial company but a non profit club.

When someone wants to become a member, she goes to our web page, and registers to become a new member. After registration she is given a personal bar code (her member id) which she has to print.

When she arrives at the premises of the club, she has to show this bar code to a PC which has bar code scanner, so that her attendance is registered.

When the payment of her membership fee has been received, we would like this PC to print her a membership card automatically right after she has shown her bar code (using a normal laser printer attached to the PC). This membership card contains her name and the same bar code, and she will use this in the future when arraving.

The card is valid only for six months, after which a new card will have to be printed, so it doesn't have to be extra durable.

Currently we are using DocuCard but they are pretty expensive to print twice a year for each member considering the membership fee. That's why I'm looking for a more affordable options.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back