printing numbered business cards

powerful

is it possible to find a printer to print numbered business cards to use as membership cards. Not the plastic membership cards but just an inexpensive 14 pt business card - numbered.

Any digital printer with a Variable Data Printing (VDP) set up should be able to do that. Set up the master without numbers, and use a mail-merge type of thing for the numbering.

Good luck.

if you don't have to have the 14pt but could instead do it on 12pt or lighter these would be easily doable on virtually any "light production" and office duty printers. You would simply setup a basic mail merge with an excel file with the numbers as your data file. Basic stuff like this can be done in Word but for more control use Indesign or if you really need throughput purchase some VDP software and a printer with a RIP that can consume VDP type files.

I would use Adobe InDesign and any large laser printer/copier that can handle card stock. The down side is that A) The software is expensive, B) Color Laser printers are expensive, and C) business card slitters are expensive.
So unless you are looking forward to printing and selling a whole lot of cards, I would just outsource. A really cheap contract on a color copier/printer will set you back at least $500 a month, a crappy slitter (and I know, I have one! and I hate it!) is over $1200, plus software.
So unless you are in the printing business, just get somebody else to do it for you.

Just my two cents!

Jose Barrios
ColorBox_Logo_web.jpg

Production Manager
Colorboxprinting.com

Last edited:
Numbering Business Cards

Numbering Business Cards

Hi, my software will do what you describe. You can also buy the micro slit stock at Staples, online etc. (not sure if it's 14 pt though)
No slitter needed, print them and break them apart. They generally come 10-up on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet

QUALITYPRESSSOFTWARE.COM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back