printing on bond

Alex,
Did you try some recomendations from this forum about applying wax or silicone to the back cylinder to alleviate picking? If yes, did it help? There is another version of the soy inks you tried from Midwest Ink Company, that I have seen working fine on matte and uncoated stocks with more "trhough-driers" not just top driers. If you need more info. please emil me.
[email protected]

Add 2% CWO and .5% Combo Drier to your black. Hopefully the black you are using is a dense, jet STRONG black.

When this works, see if you can at least get enough service out of your ink supplier to incorporate the addition during manufacturing so you have a press ready ink. This will work. Try it and you will thank me. D

We find its best to back the job up the same day, if its a long run we will print 20000 then back it up. and continue the job

I made the mistake the other week of not going by my gut feeling and I listened to a consumables/ ink supplier when they offered me a quick settting dense black and was told it would not pick at all.
(From my testing quick setting inks espeically none open skinning inks pick the worst)

I ran the job, when it was time to back up, it was hell continuously stopping to clean the impression cylinders and it picked like hell..
Switched back to my normal black and the problem went away.

The prescription given a reply ago will take you 180 degress in the opposite direction of a 'quick set' type ink. Ooooh Lala! D

Hand this Formula to Your Ink Supplier and Tell Him to Get Busy

Hand this Formula to Your Ink Supplier and Tell Him to Get Busy

Offset Sheet Fed D Ink Man Black

Hi Solids Gel Varnish 30.00
Hi Solids Free Flow Varnish 19.00
Terlon #3 Alkyd 4.00
Mogul L Carbon Black 8.00
Regal 400-R Carbon Black 10.00
Flush Alkali R/S 6.50
Dry PTFE 2.50
High melt PE Compound 3.00
Cobalt 12% Ten Cem 1.50
Manganese 12% Drier 1.50
Raw Linseed Oil 10.00
Chinawood Oil 4.00

T-O-T-A-L ___________

Offset Sheet Fed D Ink Man Black

Hi Solids Gel Varnish 30.00
Hi Solids Free Flow Varnish 19.00
Terlon #3 Alkyd 4.00
Mogul L Carbon Black 8.00
Regal 400-R Carbon Black 10.00
Flush Alkali R/S 6.50
Dry PTFE 2.50
High melt PE Compound 3.00
Cobalt 12% Ten Cem 1.50
Manganese 12% Drier 1.50
Raw Linseed Oil 10.00
Chinawood Oil 4.00

T-O-T-A-L ___________

TOTAL

I didn't know all that stuff was in General Mills TOTAL breakfast cereal.

Ink mills by General Mills.

I guess that is why it might make one so regular. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back