Printing rotated files from Acrobat

Lorri

We have been having a problem with Acrobat 8 and 9, printing files that have been rotated for imposing purposes. If you add crop marks, then only part of the file shows up. That is printing to rips and copiers. I have contacted Acrobat and they suggested making sure we have all the up dates. We have done that and still the files print wrong. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks Lorri

That makes two of us. I figured it was my imposing software (FusionPro Desktop). I have a 4 page 8.5x11 PDF. When viewing it, it appears landscape as it is supposed to be. When I impose it, the program wants to rotate it. My customer gave me this PDF that was created with Pagemaker. And I guess they were working with it in portrait or that's how it was saved as a PDF.

Hi Lorri,
You may want to try our Quite Imposing Plus product (Mac or WIN).
Go to Quite at Home to download.
Here is a temporay number to test drive it before you purchase.
Quite Imposing Plus V1/V2
Expires end 8/2009 Serial 6440-7744-3224-0517 Code 6692

You should be able to use your marks or ours and rotate pages the way you need with no problems.
If you have further questions just let us know at [email protected]

cheers,
Charles

i see this very often. if you rotate the actual page in Adobe it will print correctly. now if you are using your own imposing software, i don't know if it will still work.

good luck

If you have pitstop, create an action list to apply the page rotation key. This should stop the page rotating in your impo software.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back