Printing special characters on HP Indigo

We are running a variable data job on our HP Indigo WS2000 and it is skipping over special characters in lines of text (tildes, diereses, etc.). The preview looks fine through Yours Truly Design in Quark, and I've made sure that the fonts in the Tab-Delimited database file are correct.

It seems to me that the problem lies in how the data is populated on the Indigo as it pulls the records from the database into the JYLT template file.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any tips on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have the correct font loaded on the Indigo for those characters? Also, how is the ticket template set up?

Go to Admin-Ticket Templates-Job Control and see how that specific ticket template you're using handles Missing fonts. Perhaps you have "Continue with a substitute font" checked.

Hi, Marion! Were you able to get your problem resolved, or are you still having problems? The only thing I can think of is that you might have the wrong font loaded for it. Could you possibly give us some more details?

Saved as Unicode? (Not UTF7/8 just Unicode)

Does the font contain all the glyphs you're missing? Ie. is it Helvetica or one you downloaded.

The special characters in the data file was getting corrupted when I transferred it into the "lan" folder on the press. I did resave the data file as Unicode (you're so smart, Sherbert!), and it worked :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back