Printing to an Epson Stylus Pro 9880 from prinergy with out the KPS software.

amybest222

So- long story short due to the hurricane Sandy- our company suffered major water damage due to flooding. Fortunately Prinergy, the Server and the mac workstations were on top of desks and suffered no damage. The KPS boxes in front of the 4 epsons- not so lucky.
Ive downloaded the driver and created a printer "epson two" on the Araxi box similar to the way our Cannon Color Copier (also shot) printed " impostion mock ups" directly from Prinergy.
Ive plugged the Epson to a ethernet address and set this on the network settings within the computer. Now the problem is that when I use "loose page out put" to the Epson, I get binary postscript errors. Feet and feet of numbers! The same thing happened when we were setting up the Cannon Color Copier. Kodak has told me" you cant print to the Epson with out a box" I dont buy it.
I can and have allready installed the driver on my mac and could print directly to the printer via the IP but it dosnt cut and spits out like 6 feet of paper. Any workaround would be appreciated untill our new boxes arrive wihich could be a week. I do understant there is NO color manangement without the software.

We have very similar workflow setup as you. We tried without the box just to see if it could work....did not work. Even had a Kodak Engineer help without the box. No go....Not sure he was suppose to try but he did for about 3 days. The only way we were able to go to the Epson without the box was a direct USB connection from MAC workstation. Sorry I do not know exactly how to manage the no cut 6 ft of paper. If needed I can output GRACoL 7 proofs for you until you are back up.

thanks we are waiting on New boxes ... never thought of the usb.. but thanks for the offer we are using a local printer for proofs ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back