Printing to Nexus from Snow Leopard

Sev

We just installed 2 new Macs with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Slowly things are starting to work, but when we print to Nexus from InDesign CS 5.5, each separation shows up as a page in Nexus. This is using our raster workflow. When we print using our vector-to-raster workflow, the pages shows up correctly. This has never happened on our other Macs using Leopard and Tiger. Since there is no AppleTalk on Snow Leopard, we are using print-sharing from our other Macs. This is only happening using InDesign. Illustrator prints correctly, and Preps prints correctly. I have not yet installed InDesign CS 3 or 4 on the new Macs, so that has not been tested yet.
Any ideas on why InDesign CS 5 is not printing correctly on Snow Leopard?

-Sev

Maybe you have a print setting wrong? Are you talking about a screening workflow, or just a rasterizing/flattening workflow?

You also might want to consider using hot folders. We've gotten completely away from the appletalk Nexus printers and replaced with hotfolders on the RIP. We either save a PDF or postscript out of Artpro though.

Maybe you have a print setting wrong? Are you talking about a screening workflow, or just a rasterizing/flattening workflow?

You also might want to consider using hot folders. We've gotten completely away from the appletalk Nexus printers and replaced with hotfolders on the RIP. We either save a PDF or postscript out of Artpro though.

I have now also installed InDesign CS4 on Snow Leopard, and it has the same issues. However, I did find a fix for this. I now print using In-Rip separations, and this has solved the problem for InDesign CS4 and CS5. Illustrator does not seem to have this problem. I do have hot folders setup for a PDF based workflow, as well.

-Sev

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back