Printing Waterproof Stickers.....suggestions?

jonmck

I have a Xerox Docucolor 12 and a Docucolor 242. I would love to sell my Doc12 as it is just taking up space. However, right now we are forced to keep it as we print stationery, invitations, cup inserts, waterproof stickers, etc. We use the Doc 12 to print the waterproof stickers because the print lasts much longer than when we print with the Doc 242. We can run the stickers through the dishwasher 50+ times and the print quality still looks great. However, on the Doc 242, the ink scratches off much easier. We use the Doc 242 for all other prints except for waterproof stickers.

I assume this is because the Doc 12 is oil based and the Doc 242 does not use fuser oil. Would you agree this might be the reason?

Do you know of any other printers (smaller than the Doc 12) that might be good for waterproof stickers or one that uses fuser oil?

THANKS!
Jonathan

What material are you printing on? The Xerox 5-Year stickers rock. One of our clients has had it stuck on a canoe for about 6 years and she's still going strong. Printed on a DC250.

I looked at the side of the box and they're called DuraLabels. Don't know if you've heard of Xerox DuraPaper - it's in the same sort of ilk. I know that you can get then A3, SRA3 and, according to this link, A4.

DuraLabels

If that link doesn't work then try googling "Xerox Duralabels" - should be the first hit.

My advice would be to talk to your Xerox rep and see what they can do to help, that's how we found out about them. If you can't get them pre-cut and the job'll bear the cost you could always get an n-up form made to punch them out.

I wonder if any printer with fuser oil would do a good job? Any other color laser printers with fuser oil that you recommend?

We found that water resistant labels could be achieved by printing on a polyester coated paper then over laminating the label.

this has proved more than acceptable with some engineering customers of ours they have given feedback that the label was oil resistant, temperature resistant (withstanding a pretty bleak winter outside) and permanent - we sourced the polylaser paper with an extra strong adhesive.

Hehe, same here. Print trade ain't what it used to be.. Just looking through the threads here myself, didn't notice Xerox sneaking out the 700i and 770. Have to look into those a bit and see what the score is, doesn't appear to be a huge amount of difference (physically) between the original and the new ones.

if you use vinyl stock for printing your stickers. it would be beneficial for all of them who want to have their stickers to be waterproofed. But if you need them weather resistant you need to have a U.V on them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back