PrintSmith Site

Steve_S

We are getting set up for PrintSmith Site and wanted to get some feedback from users who have some miles under their belts on the product. We are only about 2 yrs in on PrintSmith (former Visual Printleader) and are fairly happy with the MIS. Any pitfalls to watch for or tips to help ramp up? Thanks;)

How big is your company and how many licenses are you going to buy? Set up is the hardest and most critical. Getting all the times and costing done you will probably want Ron Teller to spend a couple of days with you to get set up. It will run on both PC and Mac platforms however PCs seem to have odd querks. Creating reports is also not an easy task however Printsmith will help you with that. Seems to me that print leader will not import. If not you will have to manually move all the customer data and then keep the old system for history and pricing. Printsmith has a lot of fire power and because of it it will take you awhile to master it.

PS Site

PS Site

We already have Printsmith set up and running - close to two years now - and Ron Teller was quite helpful as some of the modules gave us a few headaches. What we just added was Printsmith Site and were wanting to get some feedback, hints, warnings, etc. Thanks

New To PrintSmith Site

New To PrintSmith Site

Hello

We have been using SprinthSmith for 1 year. And now we are just setting up Site.
How are you dealing with exact reprint orders. My thought is to make 1 product for the exact reprint and another for type changes, new plates etc. But I don't know how the customers can comunicate what the changes are?:(

Any Tips or Tricks would be great!:)

Hello

We have been using SprinthSmith for 1 year. And now we are just setting up Site.
How are you dealing with exact reprint orders. My thought is to make 1 product for the exact reprint and another for type changes, new plates etc. But I don't know how the customers can comunicate what the changes are?:(

Any Tips or Tricks would be great!:)

Our customers that are using Site get re-directed to our landing page on our website when they are finished. So if they have a new file, they use our file upload on our web page or leave a comment that their order has changes. Seems to work well so far. The folks that are using templates will almost always enter new data for each order just to be sure. That might seem simplistic, but it has worked OK for us.

Exact reprints

Exact reprints

Another thought we had today was to make the product a exact reprint price. and add in the description line. "For type or image changes add $75.00 to you cost" for the total cost of the order.

Do you use the XMpie much yet, we have had some challenge so far.

Thanks, for the reply

Mike

xm pie

xm pie

we have used it some - it seems to be ok. you should have support for it through EFI.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back