Pro-cut 320 MPS III / Challenge 305 XG cutter help!!

Tonez

I have a Pro-Cut model 320 MPS III very similar to challenge 305 XG cutter.
i have been slowing fixing it and have it running pretty good but there is still a issue i have not been able to figure out, the clamp is suppose to stay down until the knife is all the way up but it releases when the knife is still going up what would cause this, i know its not the cartridge valves because there new and all the pressures are set correctly, anyone with some insight it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I have a Pro-Cut model 320 MPS III very similar to challenge 305 XG cutter.
i have been slowing fixing it and have it running pretty good but there is still a issue i have not been able to figure out, the clamp is suppose to stay down until the knife is all the way up but it releases when the knife is still going up what would cause this, i know its not the cartridge valves because there new and all the pressures are set correctly, anyone with some insight it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Im not 100% but I think the clamp and knife kind of follow each other up on the return cycle knife hitting home first. Going Down the clamp should be hitting the table build up pressure and switch over to bring the blade down. Whats the SN for the procut. Too bad they had such a good cutter back in the days.

Im not 100% but I think the clamp and knife kind of follow each other up on the return cycle knife hitting home first. Going Down the clamp should be hitting the table build up pressure and switch over to bring the blade down. Whats the SN for the procut. Too bad they had such a good cutter back in the days.
yup that's how the book pretty much describes how it works except according to the book the clamp is suppose to stay down clamped on the job until the knife returns to the top.

Give these guys a call:

Richard Spitzer
Design Engineer
C&P Microsystems
1260 Holm Road Unit C. Petaluma Ca. 94954 Tel: 707-776-4500

They repaired the board for our Procut 320. Top notch place. I'm sure they can troubleshoot or fix the issue.

Give these guys a call:

Richard Spitzer
Design Engineer
C&P Microsystems
1260 Holm Road Unit C. Petaluma Ca. 94954 Tel: 707-776-4500

They repaired the board for our Procut 320. Top notch place. I'm sure they can troubleshoot or fix the issue.
I tried them already and they just told me they don't support this cutter anymore.

C+P will only work on the display board as they built it for Procut. I think its a valve issue. Dirty or out of Wack. What's the SN of the machine??

C+P will only work on the display board as they built it for Procut. I think its a valve issue. Dirty or out of Wack. What's the SN of the machine??
do you know where the SN is on the machine i have looked everywhere on it and cant find it?

Using black buttons cycle cutter watching gauge. On the way up look for 500/600psi. If not down below on the manifold there is a adjusting valve upper right area. Turn clockwise for more pressure.
Checking cycle watch gauge just before knife hits table gauge should be 1500# then might jump to 1800 max. That adjustment is on the bottom of the knife cylinder. It changes the speed of the clamp/knife cycle.

Using black buttons cycle cutter watching gauge. On the way up look for 500/600psi. If not down below on the manifold there is a adjusting valve upper right area. Turn clockwise for more pressure.
Checking cycle watch gauge just before knife hits table gauge should be 1500# then might jump to 1800 max. That adjustment is on the bottom of the knife cylinder. It changes the speed of the clamp/knife cycle.
yes i do have the service manual that has the instructions for setting all the pressures and they are correct, something i have figured out is if i set the clamp up pressure to 750psi it will stay down. until the knife is all the way up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back