Challenge 305 MC cutter blade coming down slow

Priorityprint

My Challenge 305 MC cutter has been running really slow. When I turn it on, everything sounds normal but when you press the buttons to start cutting the blade comes down extremely slow. We've cleaned out the filter in the tank and that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

As Soggy said, this could be the culprit - but BE CAREFUL! This was the case with my Duplo 490-P and it caused the blade to sag down below the clamp. I went to grab some posters that were trimmed on a Monday morning after it had been off all weekend, without me knowing the blade was below the clamp, I caught my thumb on the edge of the blade and it wasn't pretty. It sliced right through my thumbnail and ended up being a trip to Redimed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back