Problem DXF files (help!)

jonkovach

Hello,
I have two DXF files that I cannot open. I have tried to open them in Graphix Advantage, Illustrator, etc... and I can't get anything to open them. They were exported out of an older version of TurboFloorplan...
Can anyone try them out to see if they can get something? If I can get a vector format of these, great, if not, raster is fine. I just want to be able to digitally print them. (I attached them to this message)
Or, can anyone recommend any workarounds? Any conversion software? I can't seem to find anything out there.... I'm stuck.
Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
I tried opening the files in Illustrator CS3 and it hung up, then I tried Illustrator 8 and I got a message that says "3DFACE is not a supported element", not sure what that means, but it sounds like this is not just a dxf file. Can you save the file as an eps, then export to a dxf from Illustrator?
Good luck!

Yeah, my CS3 hung up, too... and it came up with an import box, but it was for text import, then it crashed. So I think that even if it made it through, it would just be jibberish.
The customer tells me there are no other export options... This is a new software to me. I've never heard of it until now.

Hi Jonkovach,

I've managed to open your files, please check your PM for details on how you need them supplied.

G

Greg, please do share, what did you use to open Jonkovach's files? I downloaded a copy of a Cad program from Lemke that runs on a Mac, but it indicated that there was something not proper in the format of the files and only showed a cross hair in the file.

-Bill-

I'm surprised they didn't open in the CAD program! I imported the DXF files into CorelDraw X4. It asked what view was required (top, side, isometric), units, etc then exported them as Illustrator files as Jon needed. CorelDraw is a most versatile layout programs I've come across and unfortunately one of the most underrated IMHO.

G

Thanks very much for the help everyone.
I especially commend Greg for figuring out how to open the file! I was able to open it in Corel and get what I needed out of it.
Thanks so much!
Jon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back