Problem Printing PDF files on Xerox 1000

Duncan Hyde

HI everyone,

I'm having issues processing/printing some PDF files on our new 1000 with a Fiery Rip server which uses a Adobe PDF engine.

The files would just stop at the Processing stage and not timeout or give me an error. I'm forced to restart the server and then I use the postscript rip option instead and it prints fine... but I sometimes get transparency flattening issues.

BTW I tried re-saving the PDF's as PDF X1-a and x-4a also high print quality... no difference

Is anyone else having this issue??

Thanks

Duncan

Yes I did preflight and found no errors... I left a PDF X 4a job yesterday processing just to see if it would give me an error, after an hour nothing had to restart the server to clear the job. then Turned off the adobe Engine and used the postscript and the file went through in seconds but again had a bit of transparency flattening issues.

Weird..

Thanks

....then Turned off the adobe Engine and used the postscript and the file went through in seconds but again had a bit of transparency flattening issues.

Sounds like you need to update ( to me anyway ) - "new" RIP does not tell me the version, but i would be contacting Xerox and complaining, unless it is just this ONE FILE. You have not mentioned what the creator of the file is - something as silly as a gradient with transparency might trip up a RIP.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back