Problem whit Adobe PDF Printer

MxPrepress

Hi
I'd appreciate any information you could give me about this.
I recently upgrade to CS5.5 premium suite (including Acrobat X)
Since then, when I try to print from Indesign to "PDF printer 9.0" in order to have PDFs with flatten text, (withot use "create outlines") nothing happens, the pdf is not generated for the printer.
I tried the same thing from AI, and nothing, then its the Printer.
I have not idea about how the PDF printer works.
I uninstalled the Acrobat 9.0., restarted And I went to the System preferences and tried to search the PDF printer but I didt find it.
Heeeelppppp!!!!

Please explain what you mean by flatten text. I don't know why you would want to print to PDF. A PDFx1a:2003 is a flattened file, which you can export to straigt from any Adobe app.

Re

Re

Hi
I had trouble with a file (38 pages) made in Indesign CS5.5, with fonts downloaded from internet or something, I think its a fonts problem . I need to manipulate the PDF in illustrator, but if I create outlines in Indesign will loss atributes like the gradients, underlining, strikethrough, etc.
and if I export to PDF from Indesign without create outlines, some fonts and font atributtes disappeared when I open the PDF in Ilustrator.
Looking in the web for advice, I finded that I could outlining the type and preserve its atribbutes by flatening during the printing process. (I Attached a pic explained this)
Perhaps I so wrong with the interpretation, the thing is that I want to outline type without use create outlines in order to preserve type attributes created in Indesign.

Hope I explained myself.
Thanks

Attachments

• Indesign printPDF.jpg
    Indesign printPDF.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 173
This has been stated many many times before... Illustrator is NOT a PDF Editor. If you are having a problem with the fonts, don't try and work around the problem. Solve the problem by either going to the font manufacturer or Fix the font with a Font Utility from Font Labs.

Also, when working in Indesign, don't print to PDF but use the export as PDF option. This gives you far greater control over your PDF output.

Yes I know that, thanks you Tobias.
I tried to find one trick to force the program to create outlines in Indesign and go on working in illustrator.
However I had a question.... I wondering if the PDF printer disappeared in Acrobat X? and what would be its current function? Any one who learn me?

Yes I know that, thanks you Tobias.
I tried to find one trick to force the program to create outlines in Indesign and go on working in illustrator.
However I had a question.... I wondering if the PDF printer disappeared in Acrobat X? and what would be its current function? Any one who learn me?

The Adobe PDF Printer for Mac OS was actually removed in Acrobat 9 due to changes in Snow Leopard. It was replaced with a "Save as Adobe PDF" button in the PDF Workflow area of the Print dialog for use with non-Adobe applications. Adobe apps, as already mentioned, know how to create Adobe PDFs directly.

If you must outline the fonts, why not outline them in InDesign before exporting to PDF? It may be a case of bad quality fonts where points are too close in which case you can "cheat" by placing a transparent object over the fonts (e.g a 99% registration mark color set to screen blend mode) And export to a PDFx1a, that would force the visual appearance of InDesign to be maintained (at the price of 100% colours being 99% which in most processes will be invisible due to dotgain)

Please - do not PRINT to PostScript

Please - do not PRINT to PostScript

The Adobe PDF Printer for Mac OS was actually removed in Acrobat 9 due to changes in Snow Leopard. It was replaced with a "Save as Adobe PDF" button in the PDF Workflow area of the Print dialog for use with non-Adobe applications. Adobe apps, as already mentioned, know how to create Adobe PDFs directly.

As it SHOULD BE !

Adobe is doing everything they can to help you here - please do consider a change in your workflow.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back