Problem with corrugated boxes

thegasior

Hi everyone,

We specialize in producing corrugated boxes. In some cases we encounter problems that cardboard tends to bulge up(photo).
I realize that in some way humidity have impact on how corrugated material reacts. These box on photos are matt foil laminated but it appears also on boxes with out foil.
My question is how to minimize this "convex" effect on boxes? Should we control humidity to prevent this, how long should corrugated cardboard dry before die-cutting?
I would be most thankful for any ideas.

Thank You!

Attachments

• IMAG1689.jpg
    IMAG1689.jpg
    843.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMAG1487_1.jpg
    IMAG1487_1.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 187
Humidity will definitely help, if not completely solve your problem. Alternatives are to leave it in the skid, zip tied until you need it or placing something heavy on top.

Thank You very much for some suggestions. We are trying to control humidity in our company, but it doesn't solve entirely. We tried to zip tie it and leave it as long as our client is willing to wait. This helps in some way at least.

Could you not change your flute direction on the lid to compensate?

Thank You for reply.
We tried changing flute direction but it won't compansate entirely. Still looking for solution.
First of all we have to start with controled humidity inside.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back