Problem with my Epson Pro 9800 ! Advise needed !

Benbutter

Hi,

My Epson Pro 9800 has been giving us problems recently. The entire proof were printed out together with a series of shadow prints and it occurs only when we are printing dark colours, it cant be seen when printing light or bright colours.

Any help is very much appreciated. :confused:

Thanks!

Ben

Probably off here but are you talking about Black or dark heads being out of alignment in the horizontal , bi dir ok ? step? is it off by much ? horizontal and or vertical ? material slipping ?

hi

hi

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for replying.. its is a very consistent shadow like black vertical lines .. its very obvious especially with purple background...

Regards,
Ben

I've seen my Epson 9800 behave that way on some prints when printing bi-directional 720 dpi. I could see large vertical shadowy bands, especially in dark areas. Switching to uni-directional 720 dpi doubles (or so) the printing time but fixed the problem.

The above solution is worth a try,.. what happens during the internal test patterns, what about factory images ?

Veticle lines, where on the sides or top and bottom.

sides = bi dir
top bottom = step or bottom only =slip.

hi

hi

Hi Colourblind, do u mind to elaborate? do you mean changing the direction of the printing brush?

Pls advise .

Thank you & Regards

Hi Colourblind, do u mind to elaborate? do you mean changing the direction of the printing brush?

Pls advise .

Thank you & Regards

At some printing resolution (such as 720 dpi x 720 dpi), your Epson 9800 can print Unidirectional or Bidirectional:

Unidirectional: prints while your head moves from right to left then printhead comes back to the right before printing another row. Slow but gives best quality IMO

Bidirectional: prints while your head moves from right to left then also prints another row while printhead returns to the right. About twice as fast as unidirectional but (I found) can sometimes create strange patterns/artefacts as I experienced before.

You should be able to choose between the 2 in your rip settings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back