Problem with undo and unit preference Quark 8.15

sprudhom

Hi,
I'm a teacher at a graphic design school. We use in my classe Mac with Quark 8.15. The problem is that even if the undo preferences is set to 20 my student are not able to use or only can use 1 undo. If they change measurement unit and reboot they have to change the preferences again. I know that my student have a limited profile in OSX... it is possible that quark preferences are saved in a folder that my student don't have permission to use...
Excuse my english i'm french.
Thanks
Steve Prud'Homme

I'm a teacher at a graphic design school. We use in my classe Mac with Quark 8.15.
Working with updated softwares is important in this job, because updates correct many bugs that affect the good behaviour of the soft...

... and as teacher in a design school, it's your job to teach your students to be always aware about the updates of the softwares they use: the last update of XPress 8 is the 8.5!

(je peux te le ré-écrire en français si tu préfères !!!)

D'accord, mais certain Poste ont 8.5 et même problème.
A part of my computer have 8.5, same problem...
Merci pour le conseil :)

Last edited:
A part of my computer have 8.5, same problem...
Sorry, no other idea...

But, as a general behaviour in XPress, some actions cannot be un-done: for example, the update of an embedded picture cannot be un-done, or a change in the page margins cannot be un-done... so, are you sure that your students are not simply trying to un-do actions that cannot be un-done??

About the preferences of XPress, the preferences of each user are stored in the
HD/User/"name of the user"/Library/Preferences/Quark/QuarkXPress8 folder for each user, so that each user has the access to his/her own preferences.
(and has no access to the preferences of the other user-s)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back