Problems Printing from Photoshop 2020

Plodge

Hi. Happy Christmas to all. I recently updated my iMac to Catalina and it has effectively wiped me out as a commercial printer. The printer (Epson Stylus Pro 9900) is running fine but I cannot choose the paper size (using fine art roll paper) that I want. Any preset in the print settings I use seems to default to a previous size (I am presuming the first size I printed with that preset). I am having to use Default Settings in the presets and still it only works 50% of the time. Is there any way to fix this as I am losing hundreds of pounds worth of ink/paper trying to fix it. In the Print settings it even tells me the paper is the correct size (in the screenshot 24x6.5") and in the Paper Handling I have chosen the correct 'Untitled' Paper Size but it still defaults to another size entirely (in the screenshot case, it printed 24x14"). Once saved, it seems to default to Custom in the Paper size. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 11.17.11.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 11.17.11.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 282
Have you tried deleting the printer and uninstalling the driver and then installing drivers for 10.15?

Have you tried deleting the printer and uninstalling the driver and then installing drivers for 10.15?
Thank you for the reply. I haven't deleted the printer as far as I know but I have updated the drivers. When you say delete the printer do you mean from Photoshop or from t the Mac?

I always dreaded Mac OS updates as in many cases it would lead to print driver issues. Over the years moved away from directly printing from apps and use PDF's to drop in a RIP. Have to say it has made my life much simpler.

I always dreaded Mac OS updates as in many cases it would lead to print driver issues. Over the years moved away from directly printing from apps and use PDF's to drop in a RIP. Have to say it has made my life much simpler.
Thanks for the response. I didn't see email that alerts me to replies! I shall try this as I still have this issue. I cannot print a custom size at all now from any application on my Mac to the printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back