Problems profiling Epson S80600

Forrest M

I recently purchased an Epson s80600 solvent printer to mostly do fine art canvas prints. I've now run into some problems getting a good profile on it and was wondering if anybody might have any good input.

I have now created profiles with the help of i1profiler and completely through onyx production house.

The profiles that I created through i1profiler have good color but the gradation is not so good(you can see hard breaks when going from lighter to darker shades of some colors) and the detail in some shadowy/dark areas is lost a little.

The profiles that I created through onyx have good gradation and detail in dark/shadow areas but the overall color keeps coming out extremely yellow(brown hair looks almost blond).

Is there something I can do to fix the yellowness of the full onyx profiles or something else to fix the gradation/dark detail in the i1profiler profiles?

Thanks for any help you're able to give me, I really appreciate it.

I was able to fix the gradation problem but not every profile I make has the dark blacks coming out with a strong purplish tint. Any suggestions for how to fix that?

Y'know...

At some point it might just be advisable to seek professional help.

What I'd gently ask is how much time you've spent in total on this profiling project, and if those hours might be spent in better pursuits, as well as how much material you've spent in materials for this project and how much they has cost you.

If you think of your printer as a piano, then profiling it is very much akin to tuning it. And while there are many people who will tell you to go out and buy a spectrophotometer and start making profiles, that really makes about as much sense as going out and buying a tuning fork and tuning your piano.

Right off I have no idea what exactly is creating the problem you've described above. It's not a common problem -- I've honestly never seen it -- but it's something set wrong somewhere, simple as that. Everything done correctly, you wouldn't be having that issue.

If you'd like to put this behind you once and for all, and know that you have your printer printing to its maximum capability first print ever media, every time, feel free to drop me a line.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back