Problems with ripping fogra files

hyuma

i have a digital ctp test form and a processor test form. i can not rip it. whenever i try to rip it it gives me error "out of memory". i have a 3ghz xenon processor quad core, 3gb ram and it is on a IBM server. i can not figure out why thease files are not ripping. can any one help. i have the latest R5 with flex rip t4. i am giving a tiff output with g4.

Is the file a 1.3 pdf or a postcript your trying to rip?
If so, could be that the original file was a file with alot of transparanties that has been flattend, this can result in verry complex files.

but thease files are from fogra and on a CD. then how do they get corrupt. what is the solution to rip them successfully

are you able to open up the original file in Acrobat?
maybe try a "save as" then try to normalize that.

assuming that these test files are bitmap, make sure the CopyDot recognition is turned ON. and that the placed files are not rotated or distorted in anyway.

have you read the manual?

hey digidigi

the copydot was not turned on. i did turn it on and try to rip it but with the same message. secondly i also increased the difference settings to upto 200 but with the same result. what more could be wrong.:(

Are you trying to rip these directly off the CD, it is probably best to copy off to a local folder first then check the file properties and make sure to remove "read-only" in the attributes.

I have had this happen in the past with many different apps.

good luck

can u normalize first? try opening and contorizing in packedge if you have it. make sure you set the correct input queue fr the copydot setting

good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back