Process-free Plates

gordo

463 Process-free Plates.jpg

I am hoping to get a new plate reader this year (I have a 12 year old PlateScope) and Techkon is the route I want to go. The All-Vision I believe is only necessary if the (process-less) plate has low contrast (not all do).

pd

if the (process-less) plate has low contrast (not all do).

pd

Out of curiosity, which don't? I've only seen a couple and they were quite low contrast. Although, I heard that one is in the process of making a newer version with a higher contrast.

So, a "process-free" plate that you have to process for clean out?
Couldn't you just as easy run the low contrast plate through a unit filled with fountain solution and water to clean it out?

Hello "SD"

The answer is YES, just pass the plate through a Lo-Chem Plate processor or gently develop in a sink using Lint-free swabs and Water - then "GUM -UP" the Plates

Regards, Alois

We have been running Kodak Sonora for 5 years and have not needed to use a plate reader. We find the plate to be very consistent day to day .We use Alwan print verifier every day so we can check how the presses are printing.This is also useful when you want to verify any new consumable .We run to G7 specs.We use it on the hp indigo to verifiy colour every day otherwise you running blind because we never get any proofs. We are running the plates on 2 - 40" Heldelbergs and 1- 73" Manroland .UV and conventional 200 LPI .

RJ

If you still have to do some kind of processing to the plates, why not stay with the process plates. Are they really “process-free?

If you still have to do some kind of processing to the plates, why not stay with the process plates. Are they really “process-free?

It depends on how you define "processing" after plate imaging. Personally, I don't consider removing the unimaged area of the plate - either on or off the press - as processing the plate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back