Profesional color corrective work

Do you have a list of proofing marks that are useful for Color Rounds?

No.

Also keeping it all non destructive make sense, but then I have to ask: Do you work in RGB or CMYK?

Usually CMYK, but that's mainly because that's what is usually provided to me by our customers. If they supply RGB, I'll make the edits in RGB so I can return the image to the customer so he/she can repurpose it as needed without being locked into a particular CMYK space.

and your working color modes are they set for the particular print profile and paper combination so that you can do some basic Soft Proofing using the Gamut Warning in Photoshop)?

I leave my color settings on North American General Purpose 2, since that is Photoshop's default. That way I am in sync with 90% of my customers who wouldn't have a clue as to what their settings should be so they just leave them alone. I do have it set to honor embedded profiles, so if I get a file with AdobeRGB embedded, that's what gets used for that image.

Good idea, but the Green photo filter is not true Green.. I had to go into the color picker and set the value in HSB Values, but even then I am not seeing the expected effects in the magenta values in the info palette where I set a sample point... Any ideas?

No.
because that's what is usually provided to me by our customers. If they supply RGB, I'll make the edits in RGB

That makes a good practical point. but if the color work is important you no doubt request original files right?

Marking Colour Proofs

Marking Colour Proofs

Gentlemen,

Colour Proof Correction Marks, 3 PDFs that I hope you will find of interest and value,

UK Colour Terminology

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• Marking Colour Proofs # 1259.pdf
    500.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Marking Colour Proofs # 2260.pdf
    606.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Marking Colour Proofs # 3261.pdf
    659.9 KB · Views: 171

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back