ProfileMaker help

neess

Hi.

Im quite new to this color management thing, and i have a little thing i would like to try.

This is what i got:
-i1iO
-Profilemaker 5
-Colorport.

And what i would like:
an ICC profile as close to ISOCOATED v2 as possible, but without the use of K. A "CMY" Profile.
I would like to implement it in out HP Indigo workflow, and be able to choose it as a output profile.

I just need a point in the right direction and im quite sure i can figure most things out.
I need a target for ProfileMaker, Colorport can create targets but only as images, and Profilemaker requires a txt file, thats my first hurdle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Which ISOCOATED v 2 are you referring to, U.S. Sheetfed Coated, or U.S. Web Coated (SWOP), or ? Doesn't matter for the process, just wondering.

I would suggest that you use and IT8 target and reference and run the target through your HP linear queue. Profilemaker 5 includes MeasureTool so use it to measure the press sheet(s). When making your profile in Profilemaker, select No K in the separations tab, which will build a CMY only profile.

Is your HP front end the Esko front end? If so create a color strategy that has your coated v2 profile as input and your new CMY only profile as output. If it is another front end just apply the same in and out profile inputs.

Which ISOCOATED v 2 are you referring to, U.S. Sheetfed Coated, or U.S. Web Coated (SWOP), or ?

Hi Bill, ISO Coated / ISO Coated v2, ISO Coated 300% v2 etc are different names for ECI profiles generated from Fogra39 characterisation data, which is a specification based off the ISO 12647-2:2004 standard. You may also find F39 or Fogra39 ICC profiles out in the market too. They can all deliver different conversion results, however they are all based off the same measurement data. None of these profiles relate to the standard Adobe U.S. profiles quoted above.

GRACoL C1 “very close” to Fogra 39 / ISO Coated, more so than say SWOP.

Stephen Marsh

Greeting Stefan,

Thanks - I love to be educated. I have discovered as I age that while education is sometimes a challenge, an even bigger challenge is to remember what I have learned :)

Hello. Thank you very much for the input, thats exactly what i was looking for.

Stephen was so kind to help me out, and i will see if thats sufficient for us.

Hi, I have a question along the same lines but this time I want to BOOST the black!

Basically I'm doing a few tests and want to use the colour-balancing features of ICC (shadows,tints etc) but without the decrease in richness that the profiles bring (e.g. the dark grey instead of rich black).

How can this be done with PM5 Profile Editor? I'd like to open the ISOCoated sb 300 eci profile, boost the black then just save the icc profile again, but i'm sure it's more complicated than that?!

Instead of editing the profile why not create a new profile with a custom k generation? I always found profile editing to be a bit of a 'black art' pardon the pun. Open the data set that created the profile, or I believe you can just drag and drop the profile into PM5 and PM5 will use the data from the profile.

-Todd

So would I need to open the text file into the 'ProfileMaker' module as Reference Data AND Measurement Data?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back