Proofer Recommendations

lcprepress

We are looking to put in a new proofer to proof press jobs through Apogee5.
Inkjet or Laser?
Colour accuracy is important as well as cost efficiency.
Any recommendations?

Inkjet definitely. Epson is what I would go for. If you're using Apogee5, check with your Agfa rep what inkjet-proofer licenses are available. I for myself use ApogeeX 4 with an Epson 9800 and results are great.

We also use Epsons for our contract proofs and for a backed up proof. The two main problems that we have are that the heads need to be cleaned quite often and it is hard to get proofs to back up correctly. If we have a proof that needs to be perfect on back up we will print two proofs and then spray glue them together.

Last edited:
We used Epson 9600 printers in the past for contract proofs and backed up press forms but have switched to the Canon 8000s. It's much faster than Epson and quality is similar. It took a while for us to figure out how to get accurate backups but now it works better than ever.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back