PSI LM-3640 vs OKI 9650 toner

thew92

We recently bought a LM-3640 printer. After we bought we discover all it was is an OKI 9650 with a feeder and they lock you out of buying toner from OKI or OKI compatible. Does anyone know how to remove the lock out chip on the toners or in the printer itself? It also lock me out from using OKIdata drums as well.

Lock Out

Lock Out

Yes, PSI (LM-3640) and Xante Okidata's have proprietary RFID chips on the motherboard. The sad reality is that PSi has locked you into toner costs that are on average 5 to 6 times higher.

There are workarounds for the Xante, but to the best of my knowledge not the PSI. Unless something has changed you should be able to use Oki drums in your PSI - I do. (My PSi is 2 years old.) I have since implemented 3 Okidata printers with feeders. The PSI collects dust.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back