Pulling Closed jobs

pcmodem

Registered Users
We have an MIS system were I can export to a text file the job numbers closed in a certain time frame.

Based on this I am wanting to find, buy, or program a solution to move the closed jobs in our "Jobs"/"Client Folder" to an archive folder so an operator can manage what needs to be archived or deleted. The job folders always start out with the job number but the rest of the name is based on the operators naming convention, which is how we like it.

I was starting to look at VBScript (Windows) to do this. The reason for VBScrpt is, in the past I had an Applescript programmed to rename 500+ files based on a text file containing the name before and after. This script took between 30 to 60 minutes to complete. I found a similar solution with VBScript which completed in about 2 minutes.

I figured we are not the only company in this situation. So I thought I would ask and see if anyone else needs this or has done or found something like this already.

Thanks,
Brian

We have implemented a couple of similar workflows for customers using Enfocus Switch. The migration can be triggered by database search to retrieve jobs that have shipped, for example. Switch is very good at moving files, renaming, creating directory trees, performing database queries, etc.

Contact me if you'd like to see a demo.

Dwight Kelly
Apago, Inc.
[email protected]

It's a tough sell for a single task. You have to view it as an investment in automating workflows, saving time and money while reducing errors. It's amazing how many small tasks can be automated with Switch -- in addition to the standards (preflight, convert to PDF, imposition, etc.)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back