Questions for Versant 2100 owners

Obviously we'll be doing some demos, but how is the colour consistency from sheet to sheet, and from day to day?

We run a KM C8000 which does drop off a bit in density on a longer run, but I'm hoping the 2100 doesn't experience this?

Also, how do people find the front to back registration? Nice and consistent?

Finally, does anyone run 400gsm paper through? (simplex)

With the full width array, calibration every morning takes a user 10 seconds and the printer a minute. Make it part of your operators morning routine to just hit the calibrate button each morning before he goes to make his coffee. We have seen amazing consistency run to run and sheet to sheet with the 2100. For the registration this is done automatically as well. Take an operator 30 seconds to setup and the printer 2 minutes to complete. This does move on us a little from month to month. I say we update each stock once a month. After the auto registration routine is done our prints are 99.8% perfectly registered front to back.

We have had our 2100 about 6 months I think now. It has been fantastic for colour constancy. Obviously you need to calibrate daily. For one off jobs that just need to look good I do not calibrate, for anything that will be repeated I calibrate before. There will be slight changes to colour over time but I have yet to have a machine that stays so consistent. A few things to to do is the colour calibration, colour alignment calibration (can't remember the exact name, basically keeps the colour even from edge to edge) and the user cleaning I will do at least once a week. All automated and easy.

We have had ours for a year. The auto alignment is pretty good, but I regularly have to manually adjust, as the amount of toner on the sheet affects alignment. The full width array is OK for calibrating, but not good enough for us. I can use it for most work, but it has screwed me on our pickier customers, so I always use the spectrophotometer. As far as color consistency, it is pretty good, but needs improvement in my experience. It has gotten drastically better with firmware upgrades, but we still have issues with the yellow getting stronger after the first dozen or so prints in a run.

We tried running some 24pt C1S paper through ours, which is about 408 GSM, and it would always jam at the fuser, no mater what size sheet, or what grain direction. It seemed to be a thickness problem, not a gsm problem.

We love the 2100. Best Xerox device we have used and we have had them all. A good operator who really knows what they are doing is the key with any machine. Work within the specs and limitations and this machine is amazing...no 400gsm but we run 360g through and it is sweet.

Envelopes, 660mm long sheet, synthetics and special stocks - no problem. Get the recent flywheel kit installed and the 'chuncky' feed rollers and you will turn this great machine into a real beast! All the minor issues we had at the beginning have gone - we print long runs with no colour or registration issues at all, but our operator is very skilled. Different operators using same machine, different results.

We have evolved our way of thinking when we approach digital. Utilise rgb, pms and cmyk in your workflow...and fully utilise the features of the fiery to optimise the output based on the content of your pdf file.

We would not swap this device for any other xerox, Ricoh, KM or cannon. this box is the most versatile and best value for money. We also have great service support but honestly we can count the number of service calls we have had on nearly 1.2m clicks...we now have 2 versant 2100's.

We love the 2100. Best Xerox device we have used and we have had them all. A good operator who really knows what they are doing is the key with any machine. Work within the specs and limitations and this machine is amazing...no 400gsm but we run 360g through and it is sweet.

Envelopes, 660mm long sheet, synthetics and special stocks - no problem. Get the recent flywheel kit installed and the 'chuncky' feed rollers and you will turn this great machine into a real beast! All the minor issues we had at the beginning have gone - we print long runs with no colour or registration issues at all, but our operator is very skilled. Different operators using same machine, different results.

We have evolved our way of thinking when we approach digital. Utilise rgb, pms and cmyk in your workflow...and fully utilise the features of the fiery to optimise the output based on the content of your pdf file.

We would not swap this device for any other xerox, Ricoh, KM or cannon. this box is the most versatile and best value for money. We also have great service support but honestly we can count the number of service calls we have had on nearly 1.2m clicks...we now have 2 versant 2100's.

I can't tell you how many times I have begged for the 660mm sheet length, but so far it's a no go here in the USA.

I think part of my problem, is that I came from an offset background, so I expect perfect registration, perfect screens, and high speeds. I know that some operators wouldn't complain if their image was 2 points crooked, but for what we do that would be a reject.

What is the flywheel, and chunky feed rollers you speak of?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back