Quick help needed! Ricoh7200 or KM C4080 thru Dex?

KeepSwimming

I was just about to sign a contract with Ricoh for a 7200 and a Quadient Mach 6 ink jet for envelopes when the Dex rep walked in offering me a KM C4080 and a FP Edge Pro ink jet for the same price, same click charges.
I have spent MONTHS researching before coming to my decision and just like that he put a wrench in it - LOL.
I am upgrading from a Ricoh 7100s - and currently do not have a window envelope printer.
Does anyone have experience with either the KM C4080 or the FP Edge Pro?
So far it seems like the KM C4080 has some nicer features (thicker books, longer banner stock). It also has the upgraded EFI Fiery FS400 Pro.
I don't have experience with KM but I do know of some printers in our area who use them.
I don't have experience with this 3rd party provider either, but shows me they have plenty of techs in our area of SWFL - and lots of offices in the south east.
As for the ink jet printers, both are using the same Meme Jet technology and I think they are comparable.
Lastly, I am keeping my old Ricoh 7100s as my back up with a service agreement thru Ricoh based on click charges.
I greatly appreciate you all!

Howdy neighbor!
Both those Memjet printers are manufactured by the same company-AstroJet. They white label for all of the major brands. Good solid machines, but never turn them off.

I have no experience with either of those two presses, but I have dealt with Dex while getting quotes on a new press last year. I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with them.
Good luck!

Howdy neighbor!
Both those Memjet printers are manufactured by the same company-AstroJet. They white label for all of the major brands. Good solid machines, but never turn them off.

I have no experience with either of those two presses, but I have dealt with Dex while getting quotes on a new press last year. I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with them.
Good luck!
Thanks, but you didn't sign with Dex? Curious, neighbor, where are you located?

If it is just a price match I would walk. You know what you are getting from Ricoh, especially if you do the TRCU program and work on the machine yourself. Quite a few parts work between the 7100/7200 so there's that as well. I send jobs between the two machines so it is nice to have that compatibility.

I haven't used a KM color since we ditched our C8000 4 years ago. But if they haven't changed how their sheets register, I'd stay away. The 7200 (and 9200 for that matter) have a great sheet registration system. I'd stick with the Ricoh, especially if you're happy with your current service. As far as envelope printers are concerned, most of those Memjet printers are pretty similar so you're not really getting a benefit by choosing one over the other.

I haven't used a KM color since we ditched our C8000 4 years ago. But if they haven't changed how their sheets register,
Those issues were resolved with the C1070 series (the generation following your C8000)
Now KM are another 3 generations ahead, with the C4080 series launched in December 2020.
The registration on our C4080 is perfect.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back