Quickmaster 46-2 service

An impression cylinder is like a transmission going out on your car. It is not worth fixing. It is time to buy a new press, a used press or something on this line. The only time an impression cylinder going bad is a good thing is during the warranty. Keep an eye on ebay and maybe bid on a junk QM46. Problem is even if you find one for say 5K you have to ship it to you then still pay someone to do the install and I bet that is a minimum of 8 hours at close to $200/hour

I do agree that an impression cylinder is not a good thing to have go on you. I must say that $5000 is way too much to pay for one unless you get it from Heidelberg. I happen to know soneone who has a new one and will sell it for FAR less. As far as doing an install of a impression cylinder, its no big thing.
I have been the lead mechanic on the Quickmaster from its beggining and i can have the old one out and the new one in and it will take me no more than3 hours, as long as there is no problems.
As far as $200 per hour,,,,,,WOW.... i charge $90 per hour and i worked for Heidelberg for 23 years.
Heres my web address
Home

By the way,,,what happened to your cylinder that you need to replace it???

Last edited:
PressMeister60,

I notice you are based in PA, We are across the country....would you be interested in doing something that far away? If so how much?

HI, thanks for contacting me. I do travel alot, not so much across the country. I would be willing to travel across the country depending on what the job is, can you tell me exactly what you need done?

Quickmaster60

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back