Quite Imposing bug?

exify

I noticed that when I impose using Quite Imposing my image shrinks a little in one direction. I thought it was my copier but it happens on multiple machines. For example, 8.5 x 11 2 up on 12x18 will become either 8.45x11 or 8.5x10.95. Very rarely it will be 8.45x10.95.

Happens on KM 6500, Canon 3900+, and multiple black/white machines.

Anyone else run into this? Or is it actually the machine and I'm just blaming it on Quite?

Are you using scaling?

Might be just down to that QI is made in England were we use Metric and it isn't converting correctly into Imperial.

Is there any creep turned on? Maybe you're mistaking creep for scaling???? Just a wild guess.

Michael

Creep correction would be used only if you actually fold that work. If you are using a different binding method, perhaps there is a page adjustment parameter somewhere in you software ?

The other thing to look at is if you are using 2 mesuring systems (ex.:pages (file) is save as inches and your Acrobat or imposition software is set as CM or MM). If there is any form of conversion happening, then it might result in weird mesures...

If you consistantly have this issue, we can offer you a competitive upgrade to one of our Impostrip solutions. The benefit for you would be in adding hot folder automation among many other features. Absolutely Imposing or Impostrip On Demand would fit your needs.

If interested, please contact me directly.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

raymond @ imposition.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back