Iridesse color consistency issues...

Wonder if you could get it G7 certified, the Iridesse is listed as being capable.

I'd imagine they can get it to G7 standards to pass the test, but keeping it consistently there on an ongoing basis seems to be the issue.

ask the tech who in the area has an iridesse and have them print the file and see what result they get
two machines having the same exact issue is very odd

That may be telling. But since we really don't know what environment they are in, what maintenance in regards to image quality is being done. what paper is being used, it is hard to say what exactly is going on.

All I know is our Iridesse is the most color consistent of any digital press I have ever run. And that is even with Blazer sheets which amazes me. Of course we make sure all IQ sensors are clean, Transfer voltage is set appropriate for the humidity and the paper being used, uniform density is checked on a regular basis, calibration done almost daily or more so if the color is very critical, and the environment is controlled to very tight tolerances.

Both our Iridesse are color consistent and we run a lot of solids. When ever parts are due we change them never wait on the tech they will always say it can run pass what the part meter saids we never listen told them if the meters didn't matter why have them. Log in under TKO and you can see when parts needs to be changed. We have a check off list for cleaning all sensors and paper path operator must complete every morning.

Reactions: DYP
Thanks! I presented this as an option to my Team last week as a workaround. Our current MIS/W2P system automatically gangs business card orders, some of which don't have the backer, so it's not an option at this time. We're signing with Print Shop Pro soon and this will most likely be the solution to the problem. I don't see Xerox or Fiery making any headway anytime soon. Probably going with Ricoh once the current lease is up...
We have a Ricoh 9210 and have had similar issues since the machine went in, they recently replaced the print engine and the issues persist, so don't expect a switch to Ricoh to solve all your problems.

We’ve been having color consistency issues with our canon equipment also running fieries so I am beginning to believe it may legitimately be a fiery issue… the question becomes how does it get resolved?

Neither canon or Xerox is in charge of the fieries but… we still need consistent colors.
The canon equipment isn’t as bad as the Xerox equipment was but it’s not where I imagine it should be.

We’ve been having color consistency issues with our canon equipment also running fieries so I am beginning to believe it may legitimately be a fiery issue… the question becomes how does it get resolved?

Neither canon or Xerox is in charge of the fieries but… we still need consistent colors.
The canon equipment isn’t as bad as the Xerox equipment was but it’s not where I imagine it should be.
Ricoh is also running Fiery, and having similar issues.

That's weird to hear an Iridesse with Color Consistency Issues, We wouldn't have heard any excuse like such it did happen with Canon in our case & made a clear way for Ricoh although the tech aren't that good but had a convo with a EFI guy who said opting for higher fiery will offer greater consistency & G7 calibration on daily basis would help maintain delta values to hit perfect pantones.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back