Quite Imposing or similar software

ginfay

I have question for those who use Quite Imposing software or something similar. I currently have a copier that charges a click by 11x17". When someone brings me a 8.5x11 document to copy or a PDF to print, I usually run it 1-up on 8.5x11 paper instead of running it 2-up on 11x17.

Let's say a customer brings you a 100 page 8.5x11 document for copying (100 sets), do you print this 1-up on 8.5x11 paper or can you use the imposition software to run this job on 11x17 and then cut afterwards.

Am I wasting money in clicks by not using the imposition software and running the job 2-up?

Ofcourse you are, you always want to be using the max paper size when being charged by clicks.

If you can get 2-up on 11x17" sheet then why do 1-up on a 8.5x11" when it costs you the same?

Might depend on your vendor, but some companies charge different amounts for 8.5x11 versus 11x17. An 11x17 might be considered "2 clicks." Inthe end, it might be a wash. Check with your vendor.

Regards,
Greg

I guess my question is, can the imposing software help you easily create a 2-up document from a 1/1, 100 page document.

fast and easy

fast and easy

Quite Imposing, IMHO, is the easiest and simplest imposition solution out there. It will do exactly what you want.

It is NOT Preps, but, still darn good!

Yes, Quite imposing is perfect for this. This is how we run a lot of our jobs. we take the pdf set it 2 up and slip sheet them. Then cut and bind as needed. Just jog well before cutting.

Best layout solution for our needs

Best layout solution for our needs

Hi,

Our solution, Absolutely Imposing, is the best, most flexible and easiest-to-use you can find on the market today. At a price lower than Quite or similar solutions, Absolutely Imposing will be more powerful yet, much simpler to use.

You can request a complete evaluation version for free on our Website:
Absolutely Imposing

If you want to test drive our MAC version, send me an email directly to [email protected]

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

A low priced solution with simple interface but powerful output that we use is pdfstore's crakcerkjack. It is an acrobat pro plugin. We really like it and have one on both win and mac version.

Imposal or Quite

Imposal or Quite

Quite will get you the basic 2 up you need for your purpose in this situation, I believe. It has been a long time since I have used Quite because it wasn't very WYSIWYG. We moved to Imposal at our shop. There are some added features that have helped us a lot. I would also recommend running it 2 up if you can to save on clicks. Also, if you wanted to run 2 files (both 1/1) at the same time to save some time and money Imposal would do this as well with the N-up duplex feature.

inpO2 for Acrobat

inpO2 for Acrobat

I guess my question is, can the imposing software help you easily create a 2-up document from a 1/1, 100 page document.

Before you buy anything, Dynagram is offering it's inpO2 Wizard imposition software for Adobe Acrobat for free. It will do exactly what you want with a cut and stack layout. I would try this first.

Here is the link...

http://www.dynagram.com/News/default.asp?sec=monthly_promotion&id=82

Enjoy
Michael

Since you're imposing jobs for a digital copier/printer then you should really look at Callas pdfToolbox 4.3. With pdfToolbox you can take care of your impositions, preflighting, corrections and color conversions all in one single *very easy to use* product. You don't even need Acrobat to use all these features. None of the other programs have the built in logic for the color conversions that pdfToolbox offers. None of them offer all the tools pdfToolbox does in one package. Add up the cost of all the other tools and compare it to pdfToolbox.

For doing plain old 2 up on 11x17 we just do it right in our fiery. We currently do not have impose or any imposition software but looking to get one for all of the other features it does.

This just looks like it is a stripped version, so in the long run I would have to purchase something anyway. I'll just stick with what I am using, Imposal.

Did you try it?

It's not a stripped down version at all. It's the base module in a more extensive product line, but not stripped down at all. It is designed to build plate ready jobs for anything from 2-up spreads to 16 page sheetwise or perfecting jobs, with automatic work and turns for off count jobs. There are no size limits, or page count limits. No sheet size limits (well... up to 200 inches x 200 inches). It has all the basic marks page and sheet marks, shingling, etc... Hardly stripped down.

In addition to that... yes, you can get more. That's sort of the point for customers who need more. Many of the applications mentioned here are what they are and that's all. inpO2 is scalable with very advanced features like automated gang work optimization, automation, JDF export, imposition planning, template assembly for sheetfed and web presses – features available only in much more expensive solutions.

But... to get back to the posters original question.... "what can they use to create 2-page spreads on 11x17's" any of the products mentioned here would work - most are overkill (including our own inpO2 Wizard is overkill for what they need). It's all a matter of what's best for them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back