Raffle Ticket Books stapling

pippip

Hi,

We currently do raffle tickets books by manually counting and hand stapling them into whatever per book.

Anyone got an other methods/machines that may be better?

Assuming raffle tickets are only an occasional job, it will help to collate as several on a sheet before cutting & stapling. How many on the sheet will likely depend on how many you can number at a time and you'll have to do a bit of math to coordinate the numbers.

Generally they're 210x99mm, numbered with Indesign data merge and set to 6up on SRA3 with collate and stack on the Fiery.
I then trim so 3up to run through the perforator before being trimmed to finished size, no need to collate as all in number order via Fiery.

At this point the fun begins of counting every 3,5,6 etc, whatevers in a book and hand stapling.

I did see a small automatic electric stapler which might ease some hand strain with the normal stapler.

Just wondering if a machine was ever made to count and staple such products.

How many raffle books do you do per job? We outsource jobs of a few hundred books or more to a vendor that specializes in this type of product.

Generally they're 210x99mm, numbered with Indesign data merge and set to 6up on SRA3 with collate and stack on the Fiery.
I then trim so 3up to run through the perforator before being trimmed to finished size, no need to collate as all in number order via Fiery.

At this point the fun begins of counting every 3,5,6 etc, whatevers in a book and hand stapling.

I did see a small automatic electric stapler which might ease some hand strain with the normal stapler.

Just wondering if a machine was ever made to count and staple such products.
Our process is about the same. I'm not sure if there's an alternative to dividing the books by hand, but yeah even a tabletop electric stapler would make the stapling part easier. We use an interlake s3a stitcher, before that we had an interlake model A that was smaller and worked fine for raffle tickets. Might be able to find a decent used one that's not too expensive, could be another option

On average each order would be 300-600 books.

To be honest it can be done surprisingly fast, more the monotony of it gets to you, but I just wondered if there was any nice gadgets to help that don't break the bank.

Agreed, electric stapler would help. Use earplugs. I recall them causing a sharp bang each hit that could start to get damaging after a few hundred. A hand stapler used that often seems like a direct route to carpel tunnel.

Look for a used batch feeder/counter. Set the number you want in a batch and it spits out tickets, grab stack, staple and the next stack is ready before you can staple the first stack.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back