Random Bold Text

pacart

We are printing a 100 page booklet. when i printed samples they were 1up on 8.5x11 sheets, now that the job is approved, I have setup the booklets 4up on a 12x18 and turned them 90degrees clockwise.

My problem is that on quite a few pages (not all), the very first line of text appears bold when it shouldn't.

The client is using Calibri as the body font and i've never had problems with it.

Equipment: Konica Minolta bizhub 6501
Fiery Rip Pro 80 with the latest update for my model.

Printing from Indesign CS5, which has pdf files created from indesign as the placed document.

Any suggestions or questions?

Are you running it through any trapping software? or is it a one color job? sometimes trapping software screws things up. Also, are you exporting out of InDesign? If so, check your transparency flattener and make sure it's set to high resolution.

No trapping software, it is a digital job so technically it is 4 color - 99% black text though. I am printing out of Indesign not exporting.

I created the pdf out of indesign CS5.

Are the fonts embedded in that source pdf? You could (I would) re-fry the pdf via placing the orginals into ID and exporting another pdf.

I just figured it out. Well sorta, not sure why the bolding was happening, it was only on the original placed pdf, not on the step and repeat files.

So i just ended up replacing all the pdf files with the original indesign file and no more bolding.

Nope, no transparency over the text. This one was kind of a mystery, it appears now that of the 4up layout only 2 of the 4 were effected by the bolding.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back