Random Crooked plates on Screen 4300E

ivo3

First off thank you for the ad - much appreciated!

I have a 4300E that will produce crooked plates only when the preload function is used. It only effects the operator side.

We are using HB Thermal Chemfree plates, 761 x 635 mm

I've had two different techs look at the machine w/o positive results. Since we're located equidistant from no where, I pay at least 4 hrs travel (one way).

We make sure the punches are clear, and don't have burrs.
The operator side punch was adjusted slightly.
Re-leveled the machine.
Adjusted the pick up suckers, and put on new suckers
PM the entire machine twice

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Good morning Mike
We are running the same ctp as you and had exactly the same problem. Luckily for us our tech had to travel over in a few minutes. After a lot of head scratching and cleaning out the clamps (front & back) - had plenty of burrs in there, checking our the punches (replaced one) kept having the same result.
After contemplating about the problem, our technician figured out the following: the bearing (on the operator side) of the roller on the table which guides the plate to load on the drum has moved out of position very slightly. Pushed it back to position and the plates are coming out fine. The bearing still needs to be replaced but because it is fairly complicated to get to it will run as is for the time being.
Hope this helps

Regards
Panicos Larcou
Nicosia, Cyprus

Thank you for the quick response Panicos!

We had a chance to pull off all the covers and take a good look at the plate path. We didn't find anything like you described, but did notice that the bottom rider roller has a heavy side - meaning it doesn't roll smoothly, it always stops on the same side of the roller. Is that supposed to be like that?

Thank you again for all the help!

Mike Iveson

Preload or not, I've cured most registration issues on 4300 machines (image displacement) by cleaning the loading transport belts, rollers & sensors. Sometimes the centering unit sequence must be checked to keep the plate straight.

I cleaned all the rollers & sensors. Are the transfer belts you are referring to, the plastic rails the plates ride on in the transfer section?

I'll take a look at the centering unit sequence as well.

Thank you for the tips!

A few other things worth taking a look at is where the issue is, is it punching badly or loading badly, you can check this by laying plates on top of each other and seeing if they all fit.

Also worth checking the springs which help the transport unit go back up. unlikely but worth checking. But if you have uneven force

Also how are you cleaning the green roller? they can be really fickle, don't clean them you can have issues, clean them with IPA or such and you can get problems,

Also worth checking the strike point on the plates on the home side

First off thank you for the ad - much appreciated!

I have a 4300E that will produce crooked plates only when the preload function is used. It only effects the operator side.

We are using HB Thermal Chemfree plates, 761 x 635 mm

I've had two different techs look at the machine w/o positive results. Since we're located equidistant from no where, I pay at least 4 hrs travel (one way).

We make sure the punches are clear, and don't have burrs.
The operator side punch was adjusted slightly.
Re-leveled the machine.
Adjusted the pick up suckers, and put on new suckers
PM the entire machine twice

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike
Check the load and unload clutch.
Sometimes they are not working well.

Hi, have you solved the problem?
I have the same issue on 8600 model. It happened randomly on different plates but always from operator's site.
It seems that plate is not put dip enough on the drum. I look around and everything looks ok. Any idea?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back