Real Purchase Price of HP Indigo 3500 and S2000

rcm355

I have been dealing with HP for several months about purchasing two new presses from them. However, they changed territories at the first of the year and my new rep does not seem to be very agressive with the numbers.

Has anyone here bought a machine recently that can give me a better guage of where I need to be. PM me if you do not want the numbers public.

Thanks in advance

I thought a S2000 was in the $250K range. It's only 1000 sheets per hour and was a lot less then a 5500 which does 2000 sheets per hour.

Greetings,

The S2000 is a card press, designed for heavier stock. It's also a Series One machine, which means it has more print flaws than the 3000 or later(Series Two). It doesn't duplex either, but it will run 21 pt plastic straight through. My price knowledge is several years old, but I would guess that the 2000 should sell for about $280,000. The 3500 is a much better machine, and won't be that much more. Maybe 350,000. Also you have options on adding the 6 color. Skipping this will save some money. Try getting Xerox in to discuss the Igen. This might loosen up the discussion.

all the best,

Marko de Flandero

Greetings,

The S2000 is a card press, designed for heavier stock. It's also a Series One machine, which means it has more print flaws than the 3000 or later(Series Two). It doesn't duplex either, but it will run 21 pt plastic straight through.

From what I recall I don't think the S2000 can even run text weight stock, so like Mark said if you have applications for plastic or think board this is the machine, if not look at others.

I also wouldn't plan on any new releases for a machine that fits in the S2000 class. It seams to be stuck where it is until it is phased out.

Hello guys. My question is not exactly on that topick but is HP S2000 still in production? I tought all series one machines are discontinue. Is there an official support - consumables, spare parts?

As I understand it the e-print models are discontinued or going that way, however the S2000 is still current. And they tried to sell us one. My guess is because there never was a newer version of this press it will stay current. Also parts may not be available at some point in the future on series 1, I have not been told they will not service it. It just may go down one day and never run again.

Hp S2000 is a industrial printer and Hp 3500 is a commercial priduct. what application you are looking for.
I have been dealing with HP for several months about purchasing two new presses from them. However, they changed territories at the first of the year and my new rep does not seem to be very agressive with the numbers.

Has anyone here bought a machine recently that can give me a better guage of where I need to be. PM me if you do not want the numbers public.

Thanks in advance

If you are looking for printing Plastic I think a good alternative to S2000 is MGI's DP 60 press, this is much flexible and economical than S2000 and can run on large number of other substrates which S2000 cannot.
I think you should give a thought to this too..

HIya,

HP still sells and services Series One machines. The S2000 industrial card press, and the Indigo 1050 which is the budget entry level machine. The Series One machines can do good work but require more maintainence and can be challenging.

Marko de la Flandero

Thank you for all the feedback. I am specifically looking at the S2000 for PVC card production and I have a final number from HP that is just north of $200k. They want to put together a package deal for me on the 3500 so I can run my matching collateral pieces on this machine. The 3500 came in just under $300k, but I run a ton of saddle stiched books and I am upgrading my 2 Ikon 650s to 2 Ricoh C900 Pros. I know the quality is not the same, but it is the functionality that I need.

If you are looking for saddle stich solution then once look at Konica minolta 6501 also price wise this machines are cheaper and print quality is good if your in more of text matter then you can go for internal fiery option .which can ferthur dorp your price.

Hi,
We have this DP 60, and and we print PVC for making plastic cards and we also do normal paper jobs. So i think this machine can do job of 2 machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back