Recommended settings for Synapse 10 mil on Versant 80?

CliffSpielman

Hi. I'm working with a local print shop to get the sharpest text on their Versant 80 using Synapse 10 mil synthetic substrate. They have a bustled Fiery. Without setting anything but the weight of the substrate, the output of text is kind of grainy, whereas it's more solid on typical gloss cover stock.

Can anyone recommend specific settings to get the most solid and sharp black text possible in this scenario? Might we get better results with Xerox Never Tear paper? Or perhaps Teslin, or another?

I have a Versant 180p with external Fiery and run Synapse 10mil as well. In fact, I just printed a job this weekend. All I used was the default Film setting on the machine. I also run a lot of adhesive vinyl and for that I have the Secondary Voltage Transfer set at 115%. On my old C75 I had the Voltage set (can't remember the setting) for the 10mil Synapse.

I have a Versant 180p with external Fiery and run Synapse 10mil as well. In fact, I just printed a job this weekend. All I used was the default Film setting on the machine. I also run a lot of adhesive vinyl and for that I have the Secondary Voltage Transfer set at 115%. On my old C75 I had the Voltage set (can't remember the setting) for the 10mil Synapse.

This isn't my press...so it's possible that there is some other setting causing the graininess. Good reminder, I'll see if we can make sure that defaults are being used to establish a baseline.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back