RED color not reproduced properly in KM c6501

We are facing a peculiar problem with regards to poor reproduction of RED color (100%M & 100%Y) in KM c6501 m/c.

Whenever we print any file having RED color, the RED color get reproduced somewhat similar to Orange color.

Even a test chart ( 100% Magenta and 100% Yellow ) printed by the m/c looks similar to Orange instead of RED. (Sample copy attached)

We have taken about 200K prints (12''x18'') on this m/c till date.

The engineers have already replaced the 1st and the 2nd Transfer rollers along with the Transfer belt but still the problem persists.

Has anyone faced this problem in KM c6501 m/c?.

Does anyone have any feed back or solution for solving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• RED color.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 252
My first (admittedly dumb) question is - have you done a calibration of the machine?
yes...stupid, we have...
My second (and perhaps more observant) question would be:
Have you synchronized your output methods within the machine's interface? We use the Konica bizhub c6500 and the CWS5 Fiery controller to do ours.

Log in to the Administrator mode and make sure that the settings match in the rendering intents (do this before you start tinkering around with the individual settings as you could get some very strange results...). I know this sounds simple-stupid, but our tech missed it when he looked ours over, and I completely ignored it during production...

Turns out, that and a grey-scale calibration fixed us right up.

Go figure.

Check it out and get back to us...

Yes, Calibration was done and the outputs methods were sysynchronized within the machine's interface.

The big question is if we diconnect the Fiery controller and print the test chart from the m/c (using the TEST pattern output mode) why does the output of 100%M &100%Y look similar to Orange color instead of RED.
Initial suspect was the BIAS settings with regards to engine but the engineer say we cant change any settings.

(Direct message short cut ) First of all u have check ( C C D ) UNIT BACK SIDE REGISTRATION SENSOR THERE IS DISTANCE BETWEEN SENSOR ND BELT WHENEVER U DONE CALIBRATION RED COLOR NOT DETECT BY SENSOR DUE TO DISTANCE OF SENSOR FROM THE BELT ..JUST HOLD IT REMOVE SCREW OF SENSOR ND REMOVE WHITE WASHER ..ND TIGHT SCREW WITHOUT WASHER ...IT WILL BE OKEY AFTER DONE THIS.. BEST OF LUCK

holding down the sift key that long a blackberry takes a lot of effort! I think there is a caps lock key combo but I don't recall. At any rate... I have used callas pdfToolbox to remap specific colors like 100M/Y to alternate builds that are more desirable. You can also do this with PitStop in a slightly different manner.

I have not had this issue 100m 100y prints nice bright red. Have Creo rip. Look at your default color setting. Maybe accidentally adjusted. On Creo you can make your own color profile adjust maybe more magenta and less yellow. Sounds like your techs dont know much. I'm lucky have a great tech. I would demand them to go higher up and bring in a engineer. When you print100m does it look solid. Same with yellow. Maybe you will see something

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back