Registration problem due to blanket

souravpaul

I run heatset Harris N400B press.In last few days, after changing blankets, I find a typical problem of registration.In every job I found almost all color is appearing cross.It seems that plates are mounted cross.In one color the image seems cross in one direction & in other color another direction.It becomes very difficult to register after cocking the plates up to the limit.This phenomena occurring in all jobs.What could be the reason?
Please help.

Are the blankets from a new supplier or different make from your 'normal' blankets. Is the thickness and durometer the same and have they been packed properly.Has the Web tension been adjusted. Did the problem occur immediatley after changing blankets?

These blankets are of Fujikura but brand is different.Color of the blankets are green instead of blue.Thickness and packing are ok.You are right that this phenomena occurs immediately after changing the blankets.

I think you should contact your blanket supplier and have them supply some blankets made off the blue material so that you can properly troubleshoot this problem if the issue goes away then something about the green blanket material is causing you an issue. Did you request to switch to different blanket material or did the supplier make a mistake and ship you the wrong material.

Rarely used to happen with blankets made in the USA
Now days you never know what you're getting
Check your packing, so you don't end up looking foolish
They'll try to say it's your fault

Contitech always used to make a very durable and consistent blanket, I think Prisco handles them. If it's consistency you're looking for they might be worth evaluating.

re Blankets

re Blankets

Hello

This is a "Classic" sign of SLACK BLANKETS - # 1 Retorque ALL blankets to correct tension

Regards, Alois

I have tightened all blankets two to three times.But result is the same.Can you please tell me what is the reason behind this.

Morning

check bearer to bearer packing using a colight gauge, repack to spec if these are out, then check the blanket packing

regards
Maas

Call your ink company. They should have developed a self-registering ink by now, those slackers. ; )

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back