Remapping Cyan images to Black in PDF

Jarwi6

I am trying to convert everything that is cyan in a pdf to black but keeping the screen values consistent eg. 80% cyan to 80% black, 45% cyan to 45% black. I downloaded a trial version of pdf toolbox 4 and got the screened backgrounds and type to convert but it does not do the images. Most of the images are indexed CMYK 1 channel but I have a few that are not indexed but are CMYK. Help please. Time is of the essence. Thanks

What neither Pitstop or Callas can do is remap the color entirely.
Prinergy can remap any color to any other color. Like if you have a 2col job, it'll remap all objects (vectors/images/gradients) from one color to another.
It would be really nice to have an Acrobat plugin that could do this...

What neither Pitstop or Callas can do is remap the color entirely.
Prinergy can remap any color to any other color. Like if you have a 2col job, it'll remap all objects (vectors/images/gradients) from one color to another.
It would be really nice to have an Acrobat plugin that could do this...

What do you mean Callas can't do it? Do you have a sample I can see? PitStop definitely cannot do it correctly or completely.

I do this with Pit Stop all the time, you can change all the process channels to one spot if you want to. No idea why it not working on your end. Matt I've tried Callas pdfToolbox, but for what that app costs and what it can do, it's not worth it.

You can do this very easily with Nexus pdf rip. Here is the file run through Nexus.

Attachments

• Process screens.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
You can do it also with the tool "recolor artwork" in Illustrator CS4, even re mapp de grayscales pictures, but it doesnt work with cmyk though..

cheers
Marcelo

Isn't Pdf a cross platform file? I opened in Illustrator many times, many PDF files which comes from different sources, and I am able to edit them... I am not saying that is the best to re map colors.. better if you can afford it, to use esko (packedge), but Illustrator will do, definitely some jobs.

Cross platform is different. Yes, you can open a PDF on just about any platform now and view it. But what you're talking about, editing, is not the case. Yes, you can open a PDF in Illustrator but Illustrator doesn't understand everything PDF. Illustrator understands the PDF's illustrator creates with the "preserve editing" button checked. Otherwise it's just a generic PDF and liable to have things not correectly interpreted when opened. Same thing with EPS files. Yes Illustrator can open them but that doesn't mean it does it correctly.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Especially when using Illustrator as a general PDF editor.

yes, you are right, depending on their workflow, they might be able to do it within Illustrator or they would need a third party plug in.

cheers
\Marcelo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back