Replacement Digital color printer

I am a graphic designer assigned the task to replace our old color printer/copier. Currently we have a Kyocera KM-C2230 with a fiery. Color is an important part of our final needs, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

You are not giving anyone enough information here - what does "Color is an important part of our final needs" mean to you - for example, does this mean you are printing things, and this is the final product - are you using this to proof, and you need the ability to simulate how some print service provider will print your color print jobs ? Are you doing product brochures, where swatch matching is key, are you doing package design where you need to simulate spot color inks like Pantone ?

We are using this to proof for the print service. Yes we are creating product catalogs for the are rug industry so we need to have very close printing colors to the original. We hardly use pantone colors, we photograph the product and need to be able to print copies that come very close to what was photographed. Hope that helps.

rug printing

rug printing

we have extensive experience in this area as we have installed 3 systems at 3 diffeent rug manufacturers to proof rug samples globally.

my older brother also owns a rug manufacturer (Tai Ping Carpets) and they all use older HP 130s to proof samples. Toner-based systems do not have the gamut, quality or consistency.

unless you are using them for mutliple sell sheets for your sales people, I would look at an inkjet printer with a very simple RIP.

a Canon iPF would be fine. New Epson printers are priced too high.
however, you also need good paper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back