Replacing challenge cutter motor

AP90

Hey guys, we picked up a challenge 305 With micro it jr on the cheap. Our new shop doesn’t have 3 phase power, so we are out of luck using it unless we go with a VFD or Phase converter. I like the idea of just swapping motors out. Price will be the same or a little cheaper even.
My main question is this. The current motor is 1745 rpms or there abouts (can remember exact off the top of my head). Would it cause problems to put in a 3450rpm motor? I can’t find an answer anywhere else. I can find both motors, but the 3450 has more options and is cheaper. Just curious if anyone has done this or knows about this.

If you don't get an answer here, you could query an electrical or mechanical engineer in your locality or Upwork.com. Fire code compliance, electrical safety, and OSHA may or may not be issues regarding machine modification.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back