restoring jobs

Lukas Engqvist

We started backing up all our jobs to an external volume. This has been a great soloution to keep the server running maintanance free (or as near as can be). Problem arises when restoring from new mac (OS X10.5) because logging on to the backup volume via the mac sends an unrecognised file path to the server.

On a previous system I would only see the directory I have access to, on the newer macs I also see roots/folders I cannot access, and I think this is where the problem arises. I would need to tell the mac or the server that the two folders are one and the same, but I don't know how to do that (a bit stressed at having some deligated jobs backfire because of the issue)

Please I can't juggle anymore problems at the moment and would like some advice :)

I had this problem too. I connect to it via a CIFS connection which solved that problem rather quickly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back