Ricoh 7110 tested

To all the people saying the 7110 is better than my old 700 ; OF COURSE IT IS !! Your comparing 10 year old technology with one just released ! Remember xerox was the first to come out with light production machines and the rest have been playing catch up ( apart from indigo ) . So it's not fair or practical comparison !
You should compare the 7110 to a 1000i then the 7110 is in trouble . A lot of people not happy with the white , clear and lack of image consistency on the 7110

To all the people saying the 7110 is better than my old 700 ; OF COURSE IT IS !! Your comparing 10 year old technology with one just released ! Remember xerox was the first to come out with light production machines and the rest have been playing catch up ( apart from indigo ) . So it's not fair or practical comparison !
You should compare the 7110 to a 1000i then the 7110 is in trouble . A lot of people not happy with the white , clear and lack of image consistency on the 7110

Hi Digital printfan you are correct there is no comparison between the 2 machines as tech has advanced in ten years.
However to compare to the 1000i in the UK is not comparable as the Ricoh machine is half the price, and comparable in terms of output.

Your Right, the 7110 choud be compared to Xerox Versant 2110 / KM 1085.
I came from a xerox 700, and the Ricoh print better. I still regrett ever changing though - because of all kinds of problems.
Espacially white dots in prints after 300k prints, and tons of RIP problems.

The only real good thing about the 7110 is the registration.

Hi Brunswick , yes price is different and i would compare with versant 2100 but it doesn't have a 5th colour and most of the comments on here talk about the clear or white on the 7110. But I have seen lots of up time with the 1000 and constant high image and colour consistency . Indigo have the same consistency but more down time. I have seen a j75 print 2 million in a short time ( 15 months ) with constant colour. With the price difference , it's all down to the work you do and the amount of work.

Here is my 2cents, Ricoh is hungry for new business, seems like they are willing to bend over backwards to make you happy, haven't seen that kind of attitude from Xerox. I am not a Ricoh customer.....yet.

Curious what settings everyone is using to run their 16 pt Tango C2S and similar stock. When it was first installed we had a lot of jamming and the technician assured us it would just take time to dial in all the settings for the paper library. This seemed to be the case and we were getting less jamming as we tweaked the settings for each paper. However our profile for 14 pt Tango used to work reasonably well, about a week ago however it started jamming non-stop. We were getting double feeds, then mis-feeds, etc all without any changes to the profile. In desperation we played with the settings for several hours and several hundred sheets and had what seemed to be a pretty good profile. However two days ago we started having the same issues, doubling, then mis-feeding. (Jam errors J431 and J471). We played around with the profile again for an hour and it now seems to run okay. This is just one stock that we run quite a bit of so I took the time to get it right, we run a number of other stocks and they have all exhibited the same problem. I cannot afford to spend that kind of time on a weekly basis just to get this thing operational.

Honestly I've been less than impressed with the air feeder on this thing. It seems to be very finicky, what worked last week no longer works today. I've taken to putting everything under 300 gsm into the trays under the engine (friction fed). At least they feed reasonably well without tons of fiddling.

My other complaint about this engine is the amount of jams (other than feeder jams) in general. We are constantly getting jams with codes J080 and J099. At least 10 to 15 per day and it's a real drain on productivity. Our average run length on this is less than 25 sheets so we're changing paper out constantly and getting the right settings through the air feed drawers is ridiculous. Out tech assures us that it's a new machine and they are having teething problems with it so we've been patient.

However, several bright spots to the machine which is why we even bother with it is the outstanding image quality and the good registration front to back and sheet to sheet.

I'm hoping someone has some ideas to remedy these problems or perhaps they had similar problems and found a good solution.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back